ZOMEi Ultra Slim ND2-ND400 Fader Variable Neutral Density Adjustable Lens filter is now in Ocean Camera Gadgets Camera Store! FREE shipping!
- Double anti-reflective coating, only 7mm thickness ultra thin frame
- Allows for variable light reduction from between 2-8 stops; protect your lens from dust and scratches
- Decrease the depth of field by using wider apertures, which helps separate subjects from their background
- Allows the use of slow shutter speeds, with high speed films or digital cameras, to record movement/image blur in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds or any fast moving subject
- To avoid vignetting at wide angle lens, this filter has a special front lens, the diameter of the front lens is larger than that of the rear lens
By rotating the end of the lens you are able to control the amount of light (between +1 and +8 stop values) that enters the lens.
Foe example, f/4 instead of f/8 for selective sharpness instead of great depth of field, or 1/15s instead of 1/60s for a smooth, blurred water effect instead of a ‘frozen’ waterfall.
Explanation of "X" cross issues:
"X" cross on images is a common issue with wide angle lenses and variable ND filters. Physics limit the capabilities of variable ND filters on wide angle lenses.
When you enter the edge of the max range,the "X" issue may appear on yout image. Because you are using it beyond its capability according to the laws of optical physics,which will inevitably cause this phenomenon.
If you want to use ND filtration at wider angles, you'll need to get a ND filter (or multiple filters) with a static density.
The color of the image may vary between warm and cold. This is a common phenomenon of all variable ND filters. You need to asjust your white balance accordingly when set the ND filter to different ranges.
Lens cap or lens hood may not fit this filter
The outside thread is larger than the inside one, which is our special design.The wider front filter ring helps reduce the possibility of vignetting (the darkening of corners) at wide angle. If you still want to mount lens cap, you will need to take the filter off or use a lager thread cap instead.